Thursday, August 20, 2009

Squirrel Club Meeting: Minutes 8.18

Sorry this is posted late, it has been a crazy week. Read my post below to see how busy I have been.

Anyways, we had another great meeting! Our squirrelclub is really getting big! Our secretary and treasurer did a fantastic job with the organization, and my sister Nala did a good job with the introductions. 

The main topic of discussion was the case of Michael Vick. I think we were all horrified that he was picked up by the NFL. He is going to make a lot of money now, and he is going to be glorified. He is going to be a role model for children. I do not think this is right. A lot of other squirrel club members were really upset as well. Second chances are good, but he didn't give those dogs he taught to fight a second chance. If they didn't perform right, or something was wrong with them, he drowned them, electrocuted them, and even beat them to death. Sorry, but if you can do that to a living creature, you do not deserve to make over 10 million dollars playing sports. It is just wrong.

We finished up the meeting talking about the squirrels stories from earlier this week. I think next week we are going to have a squirrel show and tell and we can talk more about our squirrel hunting stories. It will be a lot of fun!

Oh, and PS. there are a lot of dogs out there that are under the assumption that I am a guy. Last time I checked I am a girl dog. Yeah, pretty sure I am. Nala sniffs my butt all the time, so maybe we should check with her. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, again... Finally caught up with your blog. Your squirrel Club sounds like it's really getting to be BIG! If you want to hear and see pics of our last squirrel catch, check out this post (This was a REAL one) http://countrycorgis.blogspot.com/2009/07/yahoo-we-got-another-one.html

    P.S. Would you like us to post about your blog on ours? Let us know! Always glad to help a Squirrel Hunter! :)

    Just wanting to share stories, to see if you'll let us into your club! OC & The Country Corgi Crew

    ReplyDelete